WOSL Spelling Tournaments.
Starting from August 2020 our website will host a series of weekly tournaments divided by grade called WOSL (World Online Spelling League).
Tournaments, as usual are free to join and are divided by grade, so there will be a different tournament depending on the student grade, plus one tournament containing only VERY DIFFICULT words opened to students of every age and grade, including adults.
The series will start on August 30 2020 and will propose new tournament every week.
Check our tournaments page to check them all and join.
All grades – WOSL Official WEEKLY.
Check them all at our tournament page https://mai.spellingbee.ninja/tournaments
How to join a tournament
1) First login at http://mai.spellingbee.ninja/login
(if you don’t have an account yet you can create one in seconds at https://mai.spellingbee.ninja/signup )
2) Create a student for your account, go to https://mai.spellingbee.ninja/students and add the student you want to join the tournament specifying Name grade and school.
3) point your browser to the tournaments page at
https://mai.spellingbee.ninja/tournaments and click on the row corresponding to the tournament you want to join among the ones with status: Registration Open.
4) Click the “Join” button in the tournament page, if the admission is not automatic, wait for an email confirming your admission to the tournament.
5) Once admitted, use the Train button to prepare for the tournament
6) Check the tournament page to know the start and end date of the event and how many official tries are allowed for the tournament.
How does it work?
The purpose is to score as high as possible, possibly winning the tournament and the prizes reserved for the top 3 scorers.
Each tournament has a rankings page from where each student can check the actual top scorers.
It is possible to take tests directly from the tournament page, using the “Take Test” button.
Each participant can take spelling tests valid for the tournament. as many as he/she wants while the tournament is opened.
Also, by clicking the button “Training” from the tournament page, you can take training spelling tests to prepare for the tournament before the start date and during the tournament as well.
Training tests won’t be considered for the tournament final rankings but are stored and managed as valid SBN tests, valid for the world rankings and student statistics.
At the end of each test a score will be assigned.
Train as more as possible to increase you chances to win, our aim is to turn every participant into a spelling bee master, don’t forget to invite your schoolmates to join too.
At the end of each tournament, on Friday, top 3 or 5 scorers will be awarded with the prize described in the tournament page.
All participating student will gain reputation among WOSL students as the participation counter will increase by 1 and the top 3 will earn a badge that will be shown in their public page.